Vaping is under threat. We need vapers in Ireland to tell the European Commission that vaping products are not the same as tobacco products and should be taken out of the EU Tobacco Products Directive.
IVVA member shops will have petitions for signing, available in their shops over the coming days / weeks. Additionally, you may also sign the online petition here – https://vapingisnottobacco.eu
This European Citizens’ Initiative (ECI) enables like-minded citizens from across the European Union to demand regulatory change from the European Commission. The ECI gives you – the citizen – a greater say in laws that affect your daily life. We need one million signatures (8,000 from Ireland) to create this change.
We therefore call upon European regulators to take vaping products out of the Tobacco Products Directive and to create a proportionate and evidence-based regulatory environment that:
- Allows smokers to have access to accurate and credible information about the relative safety of vaping versus smoking
- Allows smokers to have access to vaping products that can effectively help them to reduce and replace smoking.
- Allows flavoured vaping liquids
- Prevents access by young people to vaping products
- Reduces risks for consumers of vaping products by introducing robust product quality, manufacturing and safety standards
- Ensures responsible marketing for vaping products that does not target youth:
Sign online at https://vapingisnottobacco.eu/en/take_action/
If you require further information, or would like petition forms for your shop please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org